Introduction to the Development of a Data Warehouse
Deze cursus is momenteel niet ingepland op de open kalender, maar kan op aanvraag georganiseerd worden.Cursus aanvragen
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
Before attending this course, student should have at least some experience of working with relational databases and an awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
Data warehousing is a solution organizations use to centralize business data for reporting and analysis. This course focuses on teaching individuals how to create a data warehouse with SQL Server 2012. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-463.
Instructor led training alternated with demos and exercises. Each student disposes of a workstation. All the labs for this course can be performed using the provided virtual machines.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations; Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse; Design and implement a data warehouse; Integrate cloud data into a data warehouse ecosystem infrastructure.
- Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Exploring data sources
- Exploring an ETL solution
- Exploring a data warehouse
- Module 2: Data Warehouse Hardware
- Describe the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse.
- Explain how to use reference architectures and data warehouse appliances to create a data warehouse.
- Module 3: Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Logical Design for a Data Warehouse
- Physical Design for a Data Warehouse
- Implementing a Star Schema
- Implementing a Snowflake Schema
- Implementing a Time Dimension Table
- Module 4: Incorporating Data from the Cloud into a Data Warehouse
- Creating a SQL Azure Database
- Write queries which use offset functions
- Obtaining Data from the Windows Azure Marketplace