PMI – Project Management
Deze cursus is momenteel niet ingepland op de open kalender, maar kan op aanvraag georganiseerd worden.Cursus aanvragen
People with no or few skills in Project Management. • People who want to refresh the different aspects of Project Management. • People who want a structured overview of the components, principles and workflow of Project Management in order to enhance their performance.
Be acquainted with the characteristics and different aspects of Project Management. Understand the methodology of Project Management. Understand & acknowledge the importance of appropriate management skills. Be able to apply the Project Management method and workflow. In preparation for the PMP Exam.
ILT (Instructor Led Training = classroom training). Business Game: Theoretical concepts alternating with practical exercises in a business game format: Organize a picnic to improve the communication.
With an easy game you learn the principles of project management. Participants are divided in 2 to 3 groups, where each group is the customer of the other group. They learn how to respond to a project charter with a well-developed scope statement, they learn how to use a skill matrix and competence matrix to check if the right competences are in house and to control the budget.
- DAY 1:Introduction to Project Management
- • What is a Project?
- • What is Project Management?
- • The role & responsibilities of a Project Manager
- • The influence of the organisational structure in a project
- Integrating your project into the organisation
- • Develop a Project Charter
- • What is a scope statement plan?
- • What are the topics to include in this plan?
- • Conducting a Product Breakdown Structure & Work Breakdown Structure
- DAY 2: How schedule your project and calculate the cost?
- • Drawing a Network Diagram
- • Creating the dependencies between the activities
- • Understand the critical path of your project
- • Estimate your recourses needed and your budget
- • Develop a Skill Matrix to have the most performed team members in your team
- DAY3: How to communicate with your stakeholders?
- • Develop a Resource Responsibility Matrix
- • Know how to delegate work to others
- • What is my delegate attitude?
- • Identify your stakeholders
- • What are their needs and expectations?
- • Conduct a communication plan
- DAY 4: Ensure quality and risks control in your project
- • What is the quality assurance to take into account for the project?
- • How to create a quality assurance plan?
- • How to control your quality?
- • What about the risks in your project?
- • How to conduct a risk response plan?
- • How to control your risk when the project is progressing?
- DAY 5: What about Monitoring your project?
- • Create a Progress report system
- • What are baselines? What are the used for?
- • Use the Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle when comparing baseline versus actual
- • Identify Issues and create and use log files
- • Project is finished, what now?
- • Project-evaluation meeting?
- • Lessons Learned and the documentation of the project
- Day 1 – Day 5: Project Management Exercise
- • A project game:
- o Organize a congress for an association where members can learn, be inspired and network
- • The aim is to discover and discuss the possible troubles that occurred during the project game
- • A project game: