COBIT 5 Foundation
Deze cursus is momenteel niet ingepland op de open kalender, maar kan op aanvraag georganiseerd worden.Cursus aanvragen
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that you have experience in the IT governance domain.
At the end of this course, you will gain competencies in: Key challenges of using IT; IT governance concepts and benefits; COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers; Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance; Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5; Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model; Governance and management domains; Components of COBIT 5 processes; Need for capability assessments; COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach; Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5; Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
Class training alternated with exercises.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT foundation level knowledge. COBIT 5 Foundation is the first step to enroll into COBIT 5 Implementation and COBIT 5 Assessor. The COBIT 5 Foundation exam is a prerequisite to attaining the COBIT 5 Implementation and COBIT 5 Assessor exams.
About COBIT: COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic, and is useful for enterprises of all sizes; whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector
Case Study: Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of the COBIT Foundation course, since it puts you in the right mind-set to apply the principles of COBIT in real life. The new case study takes this into account and builds on it by: Providing more business-focused challenges through situations and cases; Presenting a real world connect using situations that can occur in day-to-day life; Discussing the application of COBIT with others
- Why COBIT? - IT Governance and Management Challenges
- Key Challenges of Using IT
- Difference between Governance and Management
- Key Stakeholders & their Roles and Responsibilities
- Benefits of IT Governance
- COBIT 5 Framework and Principles
- COBIT 5 Framework
- COBIT 5 Principles
- COBIT 5: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Internal Stakeholders Questions
- Stakeholders Questions
- Goals Cascade
- Implementation Guidance
- COBIT 5 Enablers
- Reference Model
- Frameworks, Principles and Policies
- Organizational Structures
- People, Skills and Competencies
- Culture, Ethics and Behavior
- Services, Infrastructure and Applications
- Introduction to COBIT 5 – Enabling Processes
- COBIT 5 Process Components
- COBIT 5 Process Domains
- COBIT 5 Processes
- The Management Domains
- EDM Processes
- Align, Plan and Organize
- Build, Acquire and Implement
- Deliver Services and Support
- Monitor, Evaluate and Assess
- Processes for Governance of Enterprise IT
- COBIT 5: Process Capability Assessments
- Why Capability Assessments?
- The New ISO/IEC 15504 Process Capability Assessment Approach
- Apply the COBIT 4 CMM Approach Using COBIT 5 (optional)
- Applying the COBIT 4 Maturity Model Approach with COBIT 5