Android Security Essentials
Deze cursus is momenteel niet ingepland op de open kalender, maar kan op aanvraag georganiseerd worden.Cursus aanvragen
Developers who need to make their Android applications more secure
Having good knowledge of Android development. It is recommended to have followed the Android Application Development (AND-801) course.
Learn about the Android security model from both the developer and end-user point of view
Classroom training with hands-on exercises
Android is a popular and modern mobile platform, and is used by millions of users all over the world. There are Android applications for almost anything imaginable. Need something? You can find an app for it!
All these apps bring innovation and value to their users. They will use advanced hardware and software features, and will often require access to local and served data. To protect the user's data and his device, a robust security platform is necessary. Android is designed with a multi-layer security that provides enough flexibility while protecting its users and their data. It is important for Android developers to familiarize themselves with the Android security best practices.
This two-days course will cover a wide range of essential Android security topics. It will explain the Android security concepts from the point of view of users and developers. It contains step-by-step guides to help you build more secure Android applications.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the Android software architecture
- Understand Android’s security model
- Build more secure and more robust Android applications with security best practices in mind
After completing this training, you will also be prepared to take the "Android Security Essentials" exam (exam code: AND-802)
During practical programming labs, you will create several working Android apps, while learning how to apply these security concept in practice.
- Lesson 1: Permissions
- Android Platform Architecture
- Android Security Architecture
- Lesson 2: Managing the Policy File
- The Manifest File
- Modifying the Application Policy
- Lesson 3: Users’ Data Privacy and Protection
- Data Security Principles
- The Mobile Environment
- Data States
- Vulnerabilities and Attacks Against Stored Data
- Protection Principles
- Tips for Android Coding Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 4: Securing Storage
- Data Storage Decisions
- Storage Mechanisms
- File Operations on an External Storage