Creating Organization Charts using Microsoft Visio
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
Information Workers who want to create organization charts with Microsoft Visio 2010
A basic Windows experience is required.
After having followed this training the students will be able to create organization charts with MS Visio 2010.
Instructor-led training with exercices. Each student disposes of his own workstation.
The course is divided in two parts :The morning part contains all basic operations needed to create an organization chart with Visio. The afternoon part will handle several advanced topics that can be used in combination with the organization charts created in the first part.
- The basics of creating flowcharts with Visio
- Introduction to the usage of Visio
- Creating an organization chart diagram based on existing data in a file
- Creating an organization chart diagram by hand
- Adding shapes to a diagram
- Connecting the shapes on a diagram
- Basic formatting of shapes and connection lines
- Adding text to an organization chart
- Working with a multiple page organization chart
- Save and print the organization chart diagram
- Advanced topics to be used with flowcharts in Visio
- Working with multiple layers
- Adding hyperlinks into your organization chart
- Advanced formatting of pages and shapes
- Creating your own customized company stencil and template(s)
- Storing data fields into an organization chart
- Exporting the organization chart to other file formats (pdf, html, jpg,…)
- Linking the organization chart to external data sources (ex. XLS) to include data fields (only available in Professional and Premium edition !)
- Creating a simple building layout plan
- Creating a site layout plan
- Adding furniture and technical components to a building plan
- Creating technical scheme's (Electricity, Sanitary, Ventilation ...)