Creating Flowcharts using Microsoft Visio
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
Information Workers who want to create flowcharts (process diagrams) with Microsoft Visio 2010
A basic windows experience is required.
After having followed this training the students will be able to create flowcharts with MS Visio 2010.
Instructor-led training with exercices. Each student disposes of his own workstation.
The course is divided in two parts :The morning part contains all basic operations needed to create a flowchart with Visio. The afternoon part will handle several advanced topics that can be used to enhance the flowcharts created in the first part.
- The basics of creating flowcharts with Visio
- Introduction to the usage of Visio
- Creating a cross-functional flowchart diagram
- Usage of swimming lanes
- Adding shapes to a flowchart diagram
- Connecting the shapes of a flowchart
- Basic formatting of shapes and connection lines on the flowchart
- Adding text to a flowchart
- Working with multiple page flowcharts
- Save and print the flowchart diagram
- Advanced topics to be used with flowcharts in Visio
- Working with multiple layers
- Adding hyperlinks into your flowcharts
- Advanced formatting of pages and shapes
- Creating your own customized company stencil and template(s)
- Storing data fields into a flowchart
- Exporting the flowchart to other file formats (pdf, html, jpg,…)
- Linking a flowchart to external data sources (ex. XLS) to include data fields (only available in Professional and Premium edition !)
- Validation of flowcharts by using Visio rules (only available in Premium edition !)
- Validation of BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) flowcharts (only available in Premium edition !)