Organizing your testing activities related to validation purposes to ensure built-in qualitative delivery (TL3)
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
This course is meant for end-users, product owners and everyone involved in the validation of the delivered solution (including User Acceptance Testing (UAT), End-to-End Testing (E2E), …).
Knowledge of the Agile Software Delivery Life Cycle or another iterative/incremental software development process or having attended the 'Inetum-Realdolmen Test Strategy for delivering business value' training.
This course is meant for those end-users, product owners and everyone who wants to obtain an insight on the software delivery process in general to meet unique business opportunities, objectives or goals on the one hand and on the other hand the process of structured testing. The course is focused on the Inetum-Realdolmen vision towards software testing, test driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD), acceptance test driven development (ATDD) incl. the agile Way-of-working principles. And will prepare the audience for a good understanding on the why, what, when and how of software testing and the actual testing activities know-how.
(online) Instructor-led combined with quizzes and hands-on experience.
Software Testing, although around for several decades now, is still not used as a means to an end to realize the full potential of skills and performance to deliver high value solutions within the IT community.
Testing, an overall concern for everyone involved in delivery, is often perceived as overhead, yet many project fail on the delivered level of quality.
Another thing is that testing only gets on the radar after development has completed the software they are building. A delay in development results in a delay in testing, but rarely are the deadlines moved. This results in less time for testing and quality.
This course is about:
- How we can cope with these different problems and make sure that testing is integrated through-out the Application Lifecycle Management processes of your organisation.
- Dealing with iterative delivery and incremental development aspects in your project.
- How we can test in a efficient and effective way and as a result improve the quality of our software.
- Getting insight into team testing activities and how to apply them within in your test strategy.
In addition to the table of contents, listed below, you can find a list of some of the concepts and topics which are elaborated upon throughout this course:
- Enabler stories, Spike stories, Requirements, Architectural Blueprint, Information architecture, User interaction, System interaction, Top-down & bottom-up (design, development & testing), Acceptance criteria, Code Quality, Test coverage, White Box testing & black box testing, Content driven testing, Structured test process, Test techniques, Test scenario's, Test scripts, Test automation, Product Quality model, Continuous testing, Test tooling
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Dynamic testing, End-to-end testing (E2E), Confirmation testing, Exploratory testing, Static testing, Exploratory testing, Regression Testing, Risk based testing
- Features & user stories
- Acceptance Criteria
- Definition Of Ready (DOR) / Definition Of Done (DOD)
- Level of detail
- Design specifications
Integrated testing development approaches
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
Testing for validation purposes
- Preparing test activities
- Test plan
- Designing test scenarios & test cases
- Functional behavior (functional)
- Run-time behavior (non functional)
- Quality Characteristics & Agile testing matrix
- Quality-in-use & Agile testing matrix
- Executing tests
- Evaluation of tests
- Dealing with defects
- Progress reporting
- Wrap up & handover testware
- From development to production (DTAP)
- Concept of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery & Deployment (CI/CD)