Using SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities include: Implementing reporting solutions by using SQL Server Reporting Services.
Before attending this course, the student should have at least 2 years experience of working with relational databases, including: Designing a normalized database; Creating tables and relationships; Querying with Transact-SQL; Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas); Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching). An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
This course teaches students how to empower information workers through self-service reporting. Students will learn how to implement SQL Server Reporting Services. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-466.
Instructor led training alternated with demos and exercises. Each student disposes of a workstation. All the labs for this course can be performed using the provided virtual machines.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution; Create reports with Reporting Services; Create reusable report items that simplify self-service reporting; Manage report execution and delivery.
- Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Elements of an Enterprise BI Solution
- The Microsoft Enterprise BI Platform
- Planning an Enterprise BI Project
- Module 2: Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Introduction to Reporting Services
- Creating a Report with Report Designer
- Grouping and Aggregating Data in a Report
- Publishing and Viewing a Report
- Module 3: Enhancing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Showing Data Graphically
- Filtering Reports by Using Parameters
- Module 4: Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Managing Report Security
- Managing Report Execution
- Subscriptions and Data Alert
- Troubleshooting Reporting Services
- Module 5: Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Introduction to PerformancePoint Services
- PerformancePoint Data Sources and Time Intelligence
- Reports, Scorecards, and Dashboards