Updating your SharePoint Development Skills to SharePoint Foundation 2010
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
Developers and consultants who intend to build applications using SharePoint Foundation 2010.
This course is targeted at .NET developers. Delegates are assumed to have experience with one of the .NET languages (VB.NET or C#). Some experience with development on SharePoint 2007 is a plus, as the course focuses will be on the differences with SharePoint Foundation 2010 from an application developer’s point of view.
This course primarily deals with application functionality and administrative management. Specifically infrastructure-related topics will only briefly be touched upon.
Instructor-led workshop with numerous demonstrations and opportunities for discussion.
After a general overview of SharePoint Foundation 2010, we delve into the design of SharePoint 2010 Foundation applications using SharePoint Designer 2010 and Visual Studio 2010.
- Intoduction to the new features in SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Building SharePoint 2010 applications with Visual Studio 2010
- Feature framework and SharePoint 2010 solution packages
- Sandboxed solutions
- Linq to SharePoint
- Client Object Model
- SharePoint Designer 2010
- Business Connectivity Services
- Migrating code from SharePoint2007 to 2010
- Application Lifecycle Management and SharePoint 2010