Introduction to the SharePoint 2010 Platform: SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
IT architects, consultants, and IT managers who need a general insight into the features of SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation.
This course focuses on the features that have been added or changed in comparison with SharePoint 2007. Basic knowledge of SharePoint 2007 is therefore useful, but not strictly required.
This course primarily deals with application functionality and administrative management. Specifically infrastructure-related topics will only briefly be touched upon.
Instructor-led workshop with numerous demonstrations and opportunities for discussion.
This course will show that SharePoint 2010 features many improvements over earlier generations of the SharePoint system. Examples are the enhanced functionality ofSites, Communities, Content, Search, Insights, and Composites.
- Introduction to the new features in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010
- Integration of Office clients (2007/2010) with thet SharePoint Server 2010 platform
- Community and social networking features in SharePoint Server 2010
- Creating and managing sites in SharePoint Server 2010
- Enterprise Content Management with SharePoint Server 2010
- SharePoint Server 2010 and FAST Search
- The BI toolkit in SharePoint Server 2010, including PerformancePoint Services
- Composite applications and mash-ups using Business Connectivity Services