This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
SAFe® Scrum Master
This course is aimed at new Scrum Masters who need to perform the role; Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise; Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role; SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
During this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike the traditional Scrum Master training which focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise.
This is a two-day interactive course that provides a workshop-type of experience.
This course prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
When in doubt on which SAFe ® training most suited for you, don't hesitate to contact us for advice. Realdolmen delivers the SAFe ® trainings in English or in Dutch. All course material is only available in English.
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- Realdolmen will take on the exam administration for one certification exam attempt
- The attendee must study and do the exam within 30 days after the start of the course.