Using the new features of MS Project
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
This course is intended for everybody who wants to use the new features of MS Project 2007/2010/2013.
A general and practical experience in the usage of an older version (2000/2003/2007/2010) of MS Project is needed.
Obtain a clear view of the new features, components and possibilities of MS Project 2007/2010/2013. After this training the course participants will be able to use the major new features implemented in MS Project 2007/2010/2013.
Classical training with individual support. Practical exercises make it possible for the course participants to familiarize with the possibilities of the product. Each participant will execute the exercices on his own workstation.
The new features and enhancements of Microsoft Project 2007/2010/2013 allow a more efficient and less labor-intensive use of project management software for the Project Manager.This training will assist the Project Manager when he is scheduling tasks, assigning resources, tracking the project and reporting about his projects.
Each new version of MS Project offers various new features and enhancements. This training will update the knowlegde of project managers, using actually an older version of MS Project, with the new possibilities of MS Project.
- User controlled scheduling
- Manually scheduled tasks (MS Project 2010)
- Inactive tasks (MS Project 2010)
- Highlight filters (MS Project 2010)
- Trace task paths : highlight predecessors and successors for a selected task (MS Project 2013)
- Project version comparison (MS Project 2010)
- New Views
- Timeline View (MS Project 2010)
- Team Planner View (MS Project 2010)
- Resource Assignment changes
- Resource Assignment via the Resource Names column on the Gantt chart (MS Project 2010)
- New column ‘Peak Units’ (MS Project 2010)
- The overallocated resources indicator (MS Project 2010)
- The 'Task Inspector' tool (MS Project 2007)
- Cost resources (MS Project 2007)
- Reporting tools
- Visual Reports (MS Project 2007)
- New set of pre-installed reports taking advantage of the new graphics and formatting capabilities (MS Project 2013)
- Quick overview of other minor features
- Integrating Lync within MS Project 2013 (MS Project 2013)
- The backstage view (MS Project 2010)
- Customizable ribbon (MS Project 2010)
- Autofilter improvements (MS Project 2010)
- Change cell attributes (MS Project 2010)