Using MS Outlook to its Full Potential
|Start date||Course||Days||Language||Location||Price (Excl. VAT)||Enroll|
|13-03-2019||Using MS Outlook to its Full Potential||1||NL||Huizingen||€ 250.00|
|27-02-2019||Using MS Outlook to its Full Potential||1||FR||Huizingen||€ 250.00|
|04-04-2019||Using MS Outlook to its Full Potential||1||NL||Huizingen||€ 250.00|
This course is meant for workers willing to manage, organize and share their electronic communications and associated information with the advanced features of Outlook.
A basic knowledge of the Windows interface as well as of the basic manipulations in Outlook is required.
Learn to use the organization and advanced (management) options of MS Outlook.
Classical training with individual support. Practical exercises make it possible for the course participants to familiarize with the possibilities of the product. Each participant will execute the exercises on his own workstation.
In order to understand the work with Outlook even better, there will be a short presentation of the Client-Server architecture in which MS Outlook and MS Exchange-Server are the most important elements.
The use of some of the options of Outlook as well as their effect is gradually related in this architecture. The chapter regarding the Mail application begins with a brief summary of some of the basic functionalities. We will then continue with advanced features of the Mail application as well as effective and efficient management of the mailbox.
In this part we explain and test the options, structures and file types of the Mail application. Then, we explain how to fine tune the Outlook and Exchange rules, their combinations and their mutual priorities.
The People application does offer more than just contact management. In this part, we approach the People application used in combination with other Outlook elements.
We also discuss the Global Address List.
Working clearly and efficiently with the calendar also means to combine several possibilities and methods. We test those in this part of the course.
We also take some time to approach these subjects : Group Schedules, Shared Calendars (Permissions, Delegates,...) and their different possibilities.
In the chapter about Tasks, we study the different options to manage the tasks, to delegate them, to follow their fulfilment and to combine them with, e.g. an e-mail, an appointment, etc.
Eventually, we discuss the different combinations of MS Outlook as well internally (the exchange of Outlook elements) as externally (the combination with MS Excel, MS Word, etc.). For those using a PC we can also explain them how to work offline.
- The Outlook environment
- The elements of the Outlook window and their meaning
- Architecture Client-Server
- Working with E-mails
- Composing, formatting, sending messages, and answering to messages (revision)
- Selecting recipients in the address book. (In)correct use of TO, CC, BCC and its consequences
- Mail options: parameters, effects and consequences (tracking, voting buttons, reminders, ...)
- Mail formats and editors: consequences for the sender and the recipient
- Using several automatic signatures
- Forwarding sent messages
- Creating and using e-mail templates
- Organizing a mailbox
- How to read e-mails?
- Classifying, sorting and categorizing e-mails
- Using views and filters considerately
- Using the Out-Of-Office Assistant for the team, the rules of the Out-Of-Office
- Using Outlook’s advanced options vs Exchange rules : objective, combinations, succession and priorities
- (Several) Personal Folders, Message Delivery and Backups
- Manual, semi-automatic and automatic archiving. Working with several archives
- Working with E-mails
- Creating contacts and distribution lists (revision)
- Categorizing and classifying contacts
- Combinations with e-mails
- Importing, exporting, sharing and sending contacts
- Several Contact files, possibly in combination with rules
- Planning, editing and deleting an appointment (revision)
- Working with several reminders
- Private appointment, Labels, recurrence options
- Planning, editing and deleting a meeting + checking attendance
- Answer to an invitation, avoid conflicts
- Manage the calendar
- Calendar Sharing
- Group Calendars
- Sharing one’s calendar
- Consulting a colleague’s calendar
- Working with several shared calendars
- Creating a tasks list (revision)
- Tasks options
- Assigning a task to a colleague and follow it
- Categorizing and classifying tasks