Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 for the Site Owner/Power User (MOC 55197)
|Start date||Course||Days||Language||Location||Price (Excl. VAT)||Enroll|
|29-11-2018||Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 for the Site Owner/Power User (MOC 55197)||2||NL||Huizingen||€ 790.00|
|20-11-2018||Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 for the Site Owner/Power User (MOC 55197)||2||FR||Huizingen||€ 790.00|
|04-02-2019||Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 for the Site Owner/Power User (MOC 55197)||2||NL||Huizingen||€ 790.00|
|07-02-2019||Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 for the Site Owner/Power User (MOC 55197)||2||FR||Huizingen||€ 790.00|
Information Workers and SharePoint Power Users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or future Site Collection Administrators
Students must have strong SharePoint 2010-2016 end user skills or have attended the course "SharePoint 2016 for Information Workers", good Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
After completing this course, students will be able to manage Sites and Site Collections; add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security; add and configure web parts; configure site options including theme, title, description and icon; configure site navigation; view site activity reports; customize lists and libraries; configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning; create and modify pages and web part pages.
An interactive classical training
This two day class is designed for information workers or power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection Administrators and who need to know how to manage team collaboration, document management, site management and social features of Microsoft SharePoint 2016 sites.
This training contains all chapters from the course Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016 for the Site Owner/Power User (MOC 55197), and is extended with three additional modules:
- SharePoint Review. Prior to this course it is necessary to understand all basic actions an Information Worker can perform in MS SharePoint. In this chapter we give an extend overview of end user features.
- Module 5A: Advanced Document Management. Site Owners can extend the possibilities of their sites with Site Columns, Content Types, Document Sets and the Content Organizer. In this module we have provided a demo and two extra labs.
- Module 5B: Workflows. The Approval Workflow and the Feedback Workflow will be discussed in-depth. Students will have the opportunity to get familiar with SharePoint Workflows through an additional Lab.
- Who is a Site Owner?
- Course Content
- Course Notes
- SharePoint Review
- Quick hands-on exploration of SharePoint end-user features
- Module 1: The Role of the Site Owner
- Different levels in SharePoint Administration
- Activities and responsibilities of the Site Owner
- Work areas for Site Owners
- Browser Support
- After completing this module, students will be able to identify who can do what in SharePoint administration, and to navigate to site collection, site, page and list administration pages typically used to administer SharePoint sites.
- Module 2: Users, Groups and Permissions
- SharePoint Security
- Users and Groups
- Permission Levels
- Adding and Removing Users
- Creating SharePoint Groups
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- List and Library Permissions
- Checking Permissions
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
- After completing this module, students will be able to manage SharePoint security using best practices, add new users and groups to SharePoint, create custom permission level.
- Module 3: Site and Site Collection Features
- SharePoint Features
- Features for Site Owners
- Features for Site Collection Administrators
- After completing this module, students will be able to describe the use and scopes of SharePoint Features, activate and Deactivate Features for Sites and Site Collections.
- Module 4: Managing Sites and Pages
- Creating Subsites
- Deleting Subsites
- Changing the Look and Feel
- Site Navigation
- Save Site as Template
- Search Visibility for the Site
- Creating Pages
- Working with Web Parts
- After completing this module, students will be able to describe the use of subsites and pages, create, configure and delete subsites, create, configure and delete pages, configure site navigation, save a Team Site as a reusable site template, add and configure web part.
- Module 5: Working with Lists and Libraries
- Creating Lists and Libraries
- Deleting Lists and Libraries
- List Settings
- Viewing Files using Office Online Server
- Content Approval
- Search Visibility
- List and Library Versioning Options
- Checking Documents Out and In
- Adding and Configuring Columns
- Column and Item Validation
- Creating Lists by Importing Excel Files
- Creating and Modifying Views
- After completing this module, students will be able to describe the key features of SharePoint Lists and Libraries, create and customize lists and libraries, configure Content Approval, Versioning, Required Check Out and other list and library features, create and use list and library views.
- Module 5A: Advanced Document Management
- Working with Site Columns and Content Types
- Using the Built-in Content Types
- Managing Business Content Using Content Types
- Using Document Sets
- Using the Content Organizer
- After completing this module, students will be able to create, use and maintain Site Columns, Content Types, Document Sets and Organizer tools.
- Module 5B: Workflows
- What are SharePoint Workflows?
- Types of Workflows
- Creating Workflows
- Using Workflows
- After completing this module, students will be able to setup, use and administer the Approval Workflow and the Feedback Workflow.
- Module 6: Monitoring Site Activity
- SharePoint Reporting
- Storage Metrics
- Popularity Trends
- Search Reports
- After completing this module, students will be able to describe the out of the box reports available to Site Owners and Site Collection Administrators, create and save activity reports.
- Module 7: SharePoint Apps and Add-ins (Optional)
- What is an App?
- What is an Add-in?
- Working with Add-ins
- Adding Add-ins
- The SharePoint Store
- The App Catalog
- After completing this module, students will be able to understand the differences between SharePoint Apps and SharePoint Add-ins, add and configure SharePoint Add-ins.