Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse (MOC 20767)
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
The primary audience for this course are database professionalswho need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will needto focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouseimplementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
Aftercompleting this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key elements of a data warehousing solution.
- Describe the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse.
- Implement a logical design for a data warehouse.
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse.
- Create columnstore indexes.
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Describe the key features of SSIS.
- Implement a data flow by using SSIS.
- Implement control flow by using tasks and precedence constraints.
- Create dynamic packages that include variables and parameters.
- Debug SSIS packages.
- Describe the considerations for implement an ETL solution.
- Implement Data Quality Services.
- Implement a Master Data Services model.
- Describe how you can use custom components to extend SSIS.
- Deploy SSIS projects.
- Describe BI and common BI scenarios.
Classroom training with hands-on exercises
This course describes how to implement a data warehouse platformto support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehousewith Microsoft® SQL Server® with Azure SQL Data Warehouse, to implement ETLwith SQL Server Integration Services, and to validate and cleanse data with SQLServer Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.