Migrating SQL Server Databases to Azure
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and SQl Server
Obtaining the knowledge about how to migrate SQL Server databases to the Microsoft Azure Platform.
Classroom and instructor-led training
In this training we explain the students how to setup a SQL Server database in the Microsoft Azure environment. We explain the arguments for choosing between a SQL Server in an Azure Virtual machine (IaaS), and a Azure SQL Database (PaaS). We will implement both choices, and migrate a on-premise database to each of them. Finally we explain a few key topics in the implementation of SQL Server databases : authentication authorization and backup/restore activities.
- Overview of SQL Server in Microsoft Azure
- IaaS versus Paas vs Saas
- Hybrid Cloud Scenarios
- Subscribing to Azure services
- Azure deployment models
- Using Azure via the portal, powershell and CLI
- What is Azure storage?
- SQL Server in an Azure virtual machine (IaaS)
- Azure SQL Database (PaaS)
- Features available only in Azure SQL Database
- When to use IaaS and when to use PaaS ?
- SQL Server in an Azure virtual machine