Getting started with JIRA software
This course is currently not scheduled on the open calendar, but can be organized on request.Request Course
Agile developers, agile coaches, scrum masters, team leads, project managers, product owners. Anyone who uses JIRA Software to manage Agile development
• JIRA Essentials or equivalent experience using JIRA • You should have a basic understanding of JIRA Software, including creating and transitioning issues, creating and editing basic JQL queries • You should have a practical knowledge of the Agile process and Scrum
Classroom session + hands-on exercises
This course teaches the basics of using JIRA Software to facilitate and manage Agile software development projects. It covers the main tasks performed by the product owner, the scrum master, and the development team. Topics include an overview of the Agile Scrum development process, as well as a solid introduction to creating and configuring a Scrum board, managing the backlog, planning and creating a sprint, and running the active sprint. It also provides an overview of the reporting capabilities of JIRA Software.
- Scrum in JIRA Software
- Objective: Describe the Scrum software development process and how it's implemented in JIRA Software
- Creating an Agile Board
- Objective: Create an Agile Scrum board and perform general configuration of the board.
- Managing the Backlog
- Objective: Groom the backlog and plan the sprint.
- Objective: Prioritize issues and group them into epics and versions.
- Objective: Estimate stories and create a sprint backlog.
- Active Sprints
- Objective: Configure the board to add columns, swimlanes, and quick filters.
- Objective: Map statuses to columns, transition stories across the board to "Done".
- Objective: Identify and use appropriately the 3 most common reports for Scrum development.